Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Strawberry Spinach Salad




This is one of my favorite salads. The original recipe is huge, so I've halved it.

1 package Spinach
6 square won tons- fried and broken up. (You can find these in the refrigerated specialty section of a normal grocery store)
1/4 cup fresh bacon bits (or 1 Tbsp dry)
1/4 of a red pepper, diced
1/2 of a red onion, diced
1/2 cup fruit (stawberries are best)
1/4 cup parmesean cheese
1/2 cup slivered almonds, (sugared and toasted)

Dressing
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup oil
1/2 tsp dry mustard
3 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup jam (any kind, but homemade makes it awesome!)

Blend together and serve. Makes about 6 side-salad portions.

1 comments:

Audrey said...

Mmmmmm, the recipes you posted look way yummy Amy! I need to start cooking so I can post some recipes on here, I'm really excited about this blog!